Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Images above: Students at Nuriootpa Primary School engaged in model making when studying the Landscapes unit of the Australian Curriculum: Geography
Related sites to the Spatialworlds project
21st Century Geography Google Group
Australian Geography Teachers' Association website
'Towards a National Geography Curriculum' project website
Geography Teachers' Association of South Australia website
Thanks for the great presentations on a resource of choice today. As you requested here are the resources presented in the workshop.
The focus of the resource presentation was to select a resource and do the following when showcasing to the workshop:
* connect the resource to the Australian Cuuriulum for history and geography
* describe the resource and its purpose
* justify the use of the resource
* discuss any limitations of the resource
* be creative in showcasing the resource.
Internet resources showcased
* My Place in History
* Ollie’s World
* Geography Associations ‘Planet Sport
* My place in history
* Voice thread
* YouTube clips - ‘Guess that Gadget’ series
* Rouse Hill House – Historic Houses Trust NSW
* National Museum Australia
* Google Earth
* Migration Museum of SA
* Whyalla Maritime Museum
* Scootle resource
* Geoscience Australia
* Australian folksongs
* Language map
* How well do you know your world?
* The Aboriginal flag.
* 'Letters from Felix': Annette Langdan.
* An Inquiry suitcase of artefacts from India.
* 'The camel that crossed Australia': Alex_Anne Hemphill.
Thanks everyone for a great morning of resource showcasing.
Next week we have three groups to complete their formative presentation. The topics will be:
* Multiple intelligence and Blooms based on the Week 5 reading: Pohl, M. Gardners Multiple Intelligences File
* Negotiated curriculum based on the Week 5 reading: Hunter. Negotiating Curriculum File
* Assessement based on the Week 6 readings.